Our Admission Process
We go through a thorough admissions process with every resident and their family members when they choose to take up residence with us. They will be required to fill up a detailed admission form to ensure that we capture all aspects of their lifestyle and medical conditions.
This is to ensure that we to get all the important information such as feeding routines, special dietary requirements and history of allergies. It is also to ensure that we are made aware of any special lifestyle issues or requirements surrounding any underlying medical conditions.
All our residents are treated to five (5) sumptuous home-cooked meals a day – Breakfast, 2nd Breakfast, Lunch, Tea-break and Dinner. All meals are cooked on-site to ensure freshness, quality and tastiness.
Meals are mainly prepared Chinese-style and are non-spicy as most elderly folk tend to prefer this style of cooking. Spicy food tends to cause gastric irritation and indigestion in elders. Spicy food or other special meal preparations are available on request as we try our best to suit the tastes of all residents at the centre.
We cater to a wide range of care needs as required by our residents such as Dementia Care, Stroke Care, Assisted Living Care, Dependent Living Care, Post Operative and Rehab Care and other medical conditions as well.
What We Offer
- 24-hour long-term elderly care and services
- Day care & short term stay options also available
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing, walking and going to the bathroom
- Five (5) sumptuous meals a day – Breakfast, 2nd breakfast, Lunch, Tea-break and Dinner
- (Chinese-style, non-spicy. Spicy or special meal preparation available on request)
- Daily housekeeping & laundry services
- Transportation is available for scheduled hospital visits along with caregiver in attendance (separate charges will apply)
- All rooms well equipped with individual air conditioning and aesthetic styling
- Good security with 24-hour perimeter CCTV monitoring system
- Emergency call system available for high-care residents
- Free WiFi
- Exercise and wellness programmes
- Complimentary twice-weekly physiotherapy sessions
- Medication management
- Private Ambulance Service available for emergency services (separate charges will apply)
- Within minutes to major public and private hospitals- 1 minute to Pantai Hospital, Bangsar
– 10 minutes to University Hospital (UMMC)
– 15 minutes to Assunta Hospital
- Social activities and parties during major festivals and special occasions such as Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, CNY, Hari Raya, Deepavali and Christmas
Post Operative Rehabilitation Service
Sommerfield Homes also offers short to medium term Post-Operative Rehabilition Services for patients after they have undergone operations or surgical procedures. A patient might have been involved in a traumatic motor vehicle accident repetitive and undergone corrective orthopaedic surgical procedures and would be immobile for weeks or even months in some cases. It would thus be very difficult for such patients to carry out their daily activities without assistance. This is where we would be able to help such patients while they are rest and recuperate.
The same would occur for patients who opt for elective (optional) surgical procedures. They, too will need assistance while they recuperate as there may be no loved ones around able to provide such care due to work or family commitments. Sometimes their loved ones may simply be unable to provide the care required due to their own personal limitations.
Why suffer additional mental and emotional stress during an already challenging time? Instead, let us be of assistance to you or your loved one during this difficult period.
Whatever the reason may be, our aim at Sommerfield Homes is to help you to get back on your feet as quickly as possible.